From the teachers and staff of Bronx Latin, we hope that everyone has a wonderful Spring Break! The last day of break is April 22, and school will resume April 23rd!
The New York State Common Core ELA tests will be happening this week, Tuesday, April 1 – Thursday, April 3rd. In preparation for the tests, here are a few things to keep in mind
- Be on time for school! Students should get at school at 8 so they have time to eat breakfast and use the restrooms before testing. Testing begins at 8:45 am!
- Eat a HEALTHY breakfast! Your brain is a muscle and needs food to function – so feed your brain healthy food so it’s at it’s best! This means protein, fruits and vegetables, and water! Try to avoid caffeine and junk foods
- Get a good night’s sleep before the test! Middle school students will not be getting homework the night before the tests so they have time to take it easy.
- No electronics! Students are encouraged to leave electronic devices at home, because they are not allowed during testing
- Have a positive attitude! It’s goes a long way! Your teachers believe in you – so believe in yourself!
Good luck from the teachers at Bronx Latin during testing this week!
Check out the videos below for Bronx Latin teachers and students being featured on the Teaching Channel for their Deeper Learning series.